More cake pops? I know, right? They are everywhere. But, hear me out. Even though most parties have them, they really are a perfect addition. They are easy to grab, practically mess free and makes a beautiful centerpiece. What’s not to like? Oh wait! I forgot the best part…THEY ARE YUMMY!
These Lemon cake pops would be so cute for a bumble bee birthday party. The yellow cake, yellow sprinkles and chocolate coating, it’s a perfect combination for any Queen Bee.
Lemon Cake Pops (Recipe found here)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Melt butter and set aside to cool briefly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium high speed, beat together sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice 1 minute. Add melted butter and beat 2 minutes at medium-high speed.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon extract. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Fill each well (if you have a cake pop maker or doughnut hole maker) with about 1 tablespoon batter and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and glaze or coat, as desired.
Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen