We are so excited that 417 Bride’s Summer issue hit the stands last week! This is our third issue to work on and we are particularly excited about it. If you are a local Springfield-ian, you can pick up your copy at area Price Cutters, Summer Fresh Markets, Country Mart, Harter House or Barnes & Noble. It is a great way to see what local vendors have to offer for your big day.
Now… to the fun part!
All of this issue’s themes were based on literary inspirations.
The first of four themes, inspired by Henry David Thoreau’s Walden:
Hair: Studio 417, Jennifer Bridgman
Make Up: Grove Spa, Krista Murphy
Bride Model: Kylie Wright
Flower Girls: India Tru Lengyel and Ireland Kelsey
Shot on location at Enchanted Hills.
Wtoo Brides by Watters Devon gown, $1,115 at Ella Weiss Wedding Design
Headpiece courtesy Sincerely, Kinsey.
1. Hydrangea bouquet by Wickman’s Garden Village; 14-karat white gold, emerald-cut green tourmaline and diamond ring, $5,499 at Justice Jewelers
2. Yellow quartz and diamond necklace, $795; White gold leaf-style diamond ring, $895; white gold cushion-cut diamond ring, $6,995; all from Mitchum Jewelers
3. Custom-designed fabric flower necklace by Liddie Mae
4. The Diamond Collection Casablanca Dress, $750 at Gracie’s Bridal
5. Hairpieces courtesy Sincerely, Kinsey; moss balls, $11.95 at The Market; Sweet Beginnings flower girl dresses, $144–158 at Gracie’s Bridal
1. Grass and moss courtesy Wickman’s Garden Village; birch vases courtesy Sincerely, Kinsey; four-tiered fondant cake with fondant leaves by Cameo Cakes; cake stands courtesy Social Graces
2. Wood chargers courtesy Social Graces; Woodbury place setting, $6–12 at Dillard’s; Lenox Tuscany classics collection wine glasses, six for $40 at Dillard’s; cloth napkins, $4.50–26 at Provence; green chicks, $13 at The Market
3. The Hawthorn Suite invitation from PaperWorld; pinwheels courtesy Sincerely, Kinsey; wood chargers courtesy Social Graces
4. Terrariums with moss and assorted greenery courtesy Wickman’s Garden Village
5. Paper banner courtesy Social Graces; pinwheels courtesy Sincerely, Kinsey; Sweet Beginnings flower girl dresses, $144–158 at Gracie’s Bridal Opposite Page: Hydrangea centerpieces by Wickman’s Garden Village; hanging lanterns courtesy Swept Away Rentals.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY PENNINGTON; ART DIRECTION BY JESSICA KENNON, MONICA DUWEL; STYLING BY BECCA MURDAUGH AND MEGAN WHITE, SOCIAL GRACES