In honor of my partner/BF’s birthday today, I’d like to post a super yummy dessert that I know she would love. How do I know? 1) I know her well and 2) she pinned it on pinterest. We are celebrating her birthday tonight with friends over dessert. What a perfect way to celebrate. Happy Birthday Meg.
Image found here.
Now, on to the post. The new craze in the sweets world is Nutella. I first experienced Nutella when I was in France, I ordered a crepe from a street vendor. I’m pretty sure he put a whole bottle of Nutella in that one little crepe. It was good but man was it filling.
However, I think these look delicious, and I love desserts in individual cups for any kind of party. Hope you enjoy.
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
For the Crust
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the Garnish
whipped topping, optional
chocolate shavings, optional
toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
3. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
4. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
– I have not tried this recipe using fresh whipped cream, so I cannot attest to the results.
The small glass bowls were purchased from Pier 1. Spoons are from Ikea.
Source: My Baking Addiction