Todays DIY is from Monday’s featured Poolside Party. It is such a fun party favor for any summer party and incredibly easy to put together.
This DIY comes from Subtle Revelry
Downloads – One large label for the front of the jar and two side labels. One side label is blank to be personalized and the second is directions for your guests to make their own ice cream.
Glass mason jar (Use larger sized jars, not everything fits in the small mason jars)
Small zip-lock plastic bags
Half & half individual packets
Sugar & Vanilla powder (For Springfield locals, I found vanilla powder at MaMa Jean’s)
1) Print out the labels for your jars, cut out and personalize the side label to say what you would like to your guests
2) Pour 1 cup rock salt into the bottom of each jar
3) Pour 1 tablespoon sugar & 1 teaspoon vanilla powder into a small (quart size) zip-lock bag and seal
4) Combine the bag of powder and 8 of the half and half packets in each jar
5) Tie on your front label with twine
6)Tie on your side labels with ribbon for your guests
Photos by Jackie Wonders